Griffin Toilets for Events in Somerset, we can cover your event need with portable toilet cubicles. Perfect for small parties, birthdays and public events where you need additional facilities for your guests.
We deliver our portable toilets, steam cleaned and ready for use with hand sanitising gel and toilet tissue.
Need more information? check out our information list below or call us on 01278 773770 to speak to the office team who can advise you on the best facilities for your event.
Frequently asked questions when hiring portable toilets:
1 – How many do I need? We recommend 1 portable for 50 guests. Some parties may only have 30 or 40 people attending but most clients prefer to offer a ladies and gent’s toilet for there event.
2 – When will you deliver? We normally deliver on a Thursday or Friday and collect on a Monday or Tuesday. We try and work to our clients needs for delivery and if the delivery is out of hours this can incur and additional charge.
If you are interested in hiring a single toilet, we may be able to add it to a site service run for delivery and collection and can offer a discounted rate of transport. You do not have to be available to take delivery of the toilets but we will need a clear area for delivery and where the toilet needs to be sited for the event.
3 – Where will you position the toilets? Griffin Toilet Hire do our very best to site the toilets where you need them for the event. If the area you have requested is not possible then we will arrange the closest area possible.
You will need to consider:
- The space for delivery – we attend with a transit size vehicle and depending on the amount of toilets ordered this may include a trailer as well. The toilets measure approx 3ft x 3ft so you will need to ensure there is space for them.
- Ground area – we like the toilets to be sited on a flat surface. They can go on grass or hard standing but we don’t recommend on a slope or very long grass. We don’t want to damage the delivery area so you might like to consider a second site area if there is risk of damage to lawns or pathways.
- Collection – we need to be able to empty the toilets before re loading them so they should be sited no more than 10 meters from where we can access them with a vehicle.
- Have you covered all your guests needs? Some guests may need disabled access. Some events may benefit from having a urinal block for the gent’s to use – especially for heavy drinking events and parties.
4. Quotes and payment: We will quote over the phone or via email. When we do if you are interested in placing a hire, we will send over the quote and a booking form to be completed and returned. We ask for a non- refundable 50% deposit at time of booking and the balance payment to be paid within 2 weeks of the event. All hires are only accepted on receipt of deposit and the booking form. Once you have paid the deposit you will receive and invoice for the event showing the deposit as paid and this is confirmation of your hire with us. We cannot reserve portable toilets as they are on a first come, first booked basis.
5. Do the toilets need water or electricity? No we will deliver the toilets ready for use with water and blue chemical in the tanks at delivery. They will not need an electricity supply as they are self contained free standing units. We do not provide lights but the roof of each portable unit is white which allows a lot of light in. Clients are also welcome to stick in LED stick on style lights for the duration of the event if they wish. If you need a toilet that has lighting then you may wish to consider a luxury toilet trailer.
6. Are the toilets insured? Griffin Toilet Hire hold Public Liability for the event but it is the clients responsibility to insure the toilets for loss or damage during the hire period. You can check your insurance through your event insurance or household policy if you are holding the event at home